+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daiichi Hooks - Need a New Source?

Default Daiichi Hooks - Need a New Source?

I really like Daiichi hooks for my fly tying. My regular source has evaporated and my supply is running low. Any suggestions on the best place (internet, mail order, phone order, etc) to obtain Daiichi hooks at a good price. I prefer to purchase hooks at 100/box. For the more useful styles/sizes (i.e. 1100, 1130, & 1710) I prefer 1000/box. Any reliable recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'll give them a call tomorrow. I just assumed that Angler's Sport Group only sold to retailers. Thanks.

I'm sure the Cabela's brand hooks are made by Daiichi...same #'s and everything when you get a package.

It's been said on this board though that they may not be up to snuff with the originals????

[This message has been edited by ducksterman (edited 23 January 2005).]

JC to answer your question. Yes I am one of those that does look at the sponsors and I have in fact have bought from a few. Like others I do shop around as I am on a some what limited income but I also believe in buying the best that I can afford, realizing that price isn't always an indicator of quality. I've got several of them in my favorites list for quick access.

------------------
    Michael (Wooly) Woolum
    State Certified Hunter Education Instructor
    Hickory, MS

Don't get me wrong, I don't work for the joint but ebay is an awesome source of flytying materials.

I've bought everything from reels to hooks on ebay, not only do you get a good deal, it's kind of exciting and there's almost always a great selection. Paypal insures your purchases up to $500, so it's safe.

...And getting stuff in the mail is always cool

(footnote: I just did a search for Daiichi on ebay and turned up a load of sales...)

...Glenn

[This message has been edited by Oncoryncus (edited 23 January 2005).]

I would give the sponsors of this site a try first, if they don't have the hooks you want try Feather-Craft. The web address is [url=http://WWW.Feather-craft.com.:380f7]WWW.Feather-craft.com.[/url:380f7]

Ahhh, Mr. Castwell, I see you are not without humor.

Just thought I'd point out the obvious with ebay, it's tough to go wrong with $7 worth of hooks.

YMMV

...Glenn

I went to the Angler's Sport Group website and tried the "Where to Buy" link. It simply refers me to my local fly shops. While I always like to do as much business as possible with the home town folks, I was hoping to find a source where I can buy the Daiichi hooks in bulk and at better than normal retail prices. Maybe I'm just wishing for something that doesn't exist. Thought I'd give it a try. Too bad Angler's won't sell directly to individual tiers. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Check the Daiichi website (www.daiichihooks.com). There is a menu item for ordering from the company and another one for locating dealers. I didn't try either of them but you might want to.

You might look at this site: [url=http://www.traditionalangler.com/:83303]http://www.traditionalangler.com/[/url:83303]

+ Reply to Thread