+ Reply to Thread

Thread: saltwater fishing in TN???

Hybrid View

Default saltwater fishing in TN???

Their will be a big run off of water this weekend when the temperature is going to hit the 50's here. I am thinking about going to the duck river Saturday and use the two saltwater fly's I have and see what I can bring in. Wish me luck...I'm hoping for a grouper...LOL

WaynC

watch out for the dreaded saltwater bluegills. If you catch any it would mean that you have lost your way and stumbled into the Island Nation of Ohio.

Regards,
    Ed

Saltwater in TN!?! Most people don't realize this, but I have a bridge for sale spanning the saltwater in TN. If anyone is interested it can be bought real cheap. As a matter of fact it can be had for a jug of milk and a loaf of bread. As long as it's delivered here. We haven't been able to get out all week. On the plus side I've tied a ton of flies, which Lord knows I needed the practice. (Hopefully I can get a good one tied for Warren). On the bad side I have used up a weeks pto time so who knows when I'll have enough pto time built back up to go fishing!

hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

When I was in college in NW Tennessee back in the mid-70s one of the favorite activities the few of us who had wandered down to UTM during the winter was to gather on the front porch of the house some of us lived in on with a plentiful supply of intoxicants and watch the locals in their pick up trucks and hot cars with slicks do doughnuts up and down the street. Good, cheap entertainment before we started the evening party.

I was at UTM in the late 70s. In the North they drive on snow. We get ice. I remember Highway 22 with a solid 6" of ice on it and the Civil Defense road grader in the ditch. There was a lot of food poisoning on campus that winter because food couldn't get in. We lived on potato chips etc... for a week. Finally the school loaded its supply of ash and clinker from the furnace and spread it on the two highways in town. It was black and when the sun it, it bored through the ice. The salt in it helped to prevent refreezing. With Hwys. 22 and 45 cleared, the trucks were able to get in. It was a fascinating place, back in the day. There was some surprisingly good fishing in some of those little, muddy rivers. I had some good days on/in the Obion River.

Ed

Luckily (?) I wasn't able to get my truck out of the driveway for the first week this weather hit, so at least I avoided getting the under-carriage salted up. Then the plow guy blocked my drive, and I got my exercise with the shovel. Finally I'm free, and heading to stock up on tying supplies I ran out of. Incidentally, I was at UTM briefly in '74 and hit Reelfoot. Wading the edges sure made me conscious of snakes!!

steve

+ Reply to Thread