+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Ice storm in Bell Buckle!!!

Default Winter Ice storm in Bell Buckle!!!

Ice storm Is hitting Bell Buckle TN. It has taken a small tree now and the others are bending over. I hope I don't lost to many trees. Snow is to come late this evening.
    WaynC
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wayne,

Snow over ice any day, unless it's ridiculous amounts that they're getting in the Northeast. Thank goodness ETSU cancelled today (and hopefully tomorrow - my daughter has to cross the hump from Asheville).

Be safe,
    Scott

Be careful on that ice. In my part of PA today we had a high of 5 degrees. We had wind chills of 40 below over night last night and part of today.

Hey Wayne,
    Hard for me to feel sorry for your plight. Passed thru there a few ago , commin and goin to Florida. BEAUTIFUL part of the country. Apparently you are not immune to a few quirks in the weather. A tax you must endure.

Mark

Marco, I cannot speak for Wayne, he lives up the heart of an area that in my humble opinion has the best weather in the country for a region with 4 distinct seasons. From Atlanta north to about Charlotte, over to Knoxville and then Nashville, down to Huntsville and back to Atlanta, we have winter, usually get a little frozen stuff, overdue for a major frozen event the last really big one being 1993 in March. That was an ice storm that shutdown Atlanta for a week. But, most summers are mild by my standards, rarely over 95 deg.F. February, also call Febugly, is just that usually an ugly month. March is treacherous, it will lie to you and break your heart, my freshman year in college 5 of us swam across a cove and back at Sardis Lake March 5th, it snowed 2-4” the next three Wednesdays. I refuse to fuss about hot weather because I hate this stuff so much.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Nashville got ice, then rush (wreck) hour, the snow, then sleet and freezing rain. The TV says that tonight we are to get another 3 inches of powder onto of the latest ice. If it weren't for the 1/8" plus of ice on everything, the snow would be nice. My big magnolia has so much ice that its branches touch the ground. So far we have no major limb loss but a couple of dead snags (which I think are called "hanging tops" in the UK) have come down, or at least further down.

The birds seemed to appreciate my filling the feeders yesterday and spreading several pounds of seed atop the icy and snow today. I set out some more under the patio table and chairs, which have a solid layer of ice on them and so should keep tonight's snow from burying the seed.

I didn't think anything about the weather. It just another of the very occasional winter storms which we get. Then I saw a scrap of paper in the snow and ice. It was mostly faded but I clearly made out the seal of the Island Nation of Ohio. Hmmm.... I can't help but wonder whether or not Kaboom1 is behind this storm... On the plus side, this weather won't be doing our resident fire ant population any good.

I'm sharing warm thoughts of summer with Uncle Jesse.

Regards,
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_D View Post
    Nashville got ice, then rush (wreck) hour, the snow, then sleet and freezing rain. The TV says that tonight we are to get another 3 inches of powder onto of the latest ice. If it weren't for the 1/8" plus of ice on everything, the snow would be nice. My big magnolia has so much ice that its branches touch the ground. So far we have no major limb loss but a couple of dead snags (which I think are called "hanging tops" in the UK) have come down, or at least further down.

The birds seemed to appreciate my filling the feeders yesterday and spreading several pounds of seed atop the icy and snow today. I set out some more under the patio table and chairs, which have a solid layer of ice on them and so should keep tonight's snow from burying the seed.

I didn't think anything about the weather. It just another of the very occasional winter storms which we get. Then I saw a scrap of paper in the snow and ice. It was mostly faded but I clearly made out the seal of the Island Nation of Ohio. Hmmm.... I can't help but wonder whether or not Kaboom1 is behind this storm... On the plus side, this weather won't be doing our resident fire ant population any good.

I'm sharing warm thoughts of summer with Uncle Jesse.

Regards,
    Ed
    I may be Ed...we have suffered through 3 days of brutal cold. As I type this it is 10 degrees...the warmest it has been in the past 3 days. I figured you Gents below the Mason-Dixon line need a little northern hospitality. Happy Winter!!

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom1 View Post
    I may be Ed...we have suffered through 3 days of brutal cold. As I type this it is 10 degrees...the warmest it has been in the past 3 days. I figured you Gents below the Mason-Dixon line need a little northern hospitality. Happy Winter!!

Brad
    Hey Brad, you DO realize that we aren't predicted not to have a hatch until Friday, don't you? That means you needn't come down this week to treat your shack nasties...

Hang in there, Brad & Co.

Warm regards,
    Ed

EDIT: I was in err. The hatch isn't expected until Saturday. My apologies.
    Last edited by Ed_D; 02-18-2015 at 12:33 AM.

Heat wave in the fort right now. A balmy 10 degrees. That is better than yesterday's high of 9.

This cold snap gives me a chance to clear out some work in the shop and get some flies tied for spring steelhead fishing when the weather breaks.

Jerry

Cool Cold wave coming our way

I feel for you guys. The cold wave seems to be coming our way. Thursday, the high is only supposed to get up to 57 degrees. It may even get down to the 30's one night. But not to worry, we'll be back in the mid 70's by Saturday.
    You don't ever want a crisis to go to waste... - Rahm Emanuel

Who is John Galt?

+ Reply to Thread