Quote Originally Posted by Ed_D View Post
Nashville got ice, then rush (wreck) hour, the snow, then sleet and freezing rain. The TV says that tonight we are to get another 3 inches of powder onto of the latest ice. If it weren't for the 1/8" plus of ice on everything, the snow would be nice. My big magnolia has so much ice that its branches touch the ground. So far we have no major limb loss but a couple of dead snags (which I think are called "hanging tops" in the UK) have come down, or at least further down.

The birds seemed to appreciate my filling the feeders yesterday and spreading several pounds of seed atop the icy and snow today. I set out some more under the patio table and chairs, which have a solid layer of ice on them and so should keep tonight's snow from burying the seed.

I didn't think anything about the weather. It just another of the very occasional winter storms which we get. Then I saw a scrap of paper in the snow and ice. It was mostly faded but I clearly made out the seal of the Island Nation of Ohio. Hmmm.... I can't help but wonder whether or not Kaboom1 is behind this storm... On the plus side, this weather won't be doing our resident fire ant population any good.

I'm sharing warm thoughts of summer with Uncle Jesse.

Regards,
Ed
I may be Ed...we have suffered through 3 days of brutal cold. As I type this it is 10 degrees...the warmest it has been in the past 3 days. I figured you Gents below the Mason-Dixon line need a little northern hospitality. Happy Winter!!

Brad