+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3/4 wt wanted

Hybrid View

Default 3/4 wt wanted

Looking for a reel for my new rod. Thought I was ordering a combo but was only the rod.😞

Hi WS,
    if your mind has not already been set for a specific reel, I highly recommend the Orvis Battenkill I click pawl. It is a small, durable, and perfect match for both of the 3/4 wt rods I own. Sometimes they can be found on e-bay previously owned but if you want new, they are around $100 and spare spools are available for them.
    Gerri

Thanks for the advice.

I'll second the Orvis Battenkill .i just picked up one and they are nice light reels. I have a number of CFO's and Older Battenkills and they look like they will keep up the good tradition. Stay away from the CFO' s made off shore( far east). they are junk.
    Best,
    Steve
    it's all good drifts

Default 5/6 Orvis Model

Quote Originally Posted by gerri View Post
    Hi WS,
    if your mind has not already been set for a specific reel, I highly recommend the Orvis Battenkill I click pawl. It is a small, durable, and perfect match for both of the 3/4 wt rods I own. Sometimes they can be found on e-bay previously owned but if you want new, they are around $100 and spare spools are available for them.
    Gerri
    Have you ever fished the heavier 5/6 size Orvis click and pawl? I was thinking about buying one.

Yes, I have a Battenkill III and it's a great value and my go to reel on my new St. Croix Legend Elite. Very light at around 3 oz. where many more are over 4 oz. It's durable and reliable too. You can eliminate the loud drag clicking by simply removing the pawl with one screw.

'Socks, I have a couple nicer, old style, narrow spooled, English-type reels that are in very nice shape that I've used on my bamboo rods on and off.

No longer use 'em much. If you're interested let me know via PM and I'll send you pics. We can email them. Around $80 each shipped in the lower 48.

Both are set up for LHW.

Jeremy.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 02-16-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    'Socks, I have a couple nicer, old style, narrow spooled, English-type reels that are in very nice shape that I've used on my bamboo rods on and off.

No longer use 'em much. If you're interested let me know via PM and I'll send you pics. We can email them. Around $80 each shipped in the lower 48.

Both are set up for LHW.

Jeremy.
    Found a reel thanks!

+ Reply to Thread