Quote Originally Posted by whatfly View Post
Curious if the tides played a role in the action when you were there?
John,

The 3 evenings we fished there it was in various stages of an incoming tide. Once, just after ebb, the fish were quietly finning around right near the shore and I found lightly-weighted flies (the Kreelex with bead-chain eyes) were very effective. As the tide began to rise and the current picked up, I was able to fish the heavier-weighted Flash Fly (fewer hangups on the bottom and less weeds on the fly) as effectively. To tell the truth, with the pinks, fly pattern didn't really matter as long as it had some flash and you got it in front of the fish's face; my partners did just as well using completely different flies.

Quote Originally Posted by stabgnid View Post
Scott ,
I was just wandering How many Hackle feathers are you using in one pic looks like you tied in one then in the next pic it looks like your wrapping 2 at the same time ???
Steve,

Good catch. I used photos from 2 flies to put this SBS together and on one of them I had to double up because the hackle (an older Chinese cape) was a bit sparse. Good schlappen is preferable if you have it.

Regards,
Scott