Thread: A new use for an old Cell Phone

Threaded View

Default A new use for an old Cell Phone

This week, while sitting on at my bench I glanced over and noticed the stack of cell phone boxes accumulating on the shelf overhead. With each plan, always comes a new phone upgrade and the latest model, and as a result I now have several generations of spares. One spare works....but I have 3. This got me thinking...which can be dangerous. My former stream camera bit it last season, and it needs replaced. As a result, I find myself often worried on the water to use my cell for pics since one slip and the phone is toast. But what if I set up an older disconnected Samsung Galaxy strictly as a fishing camera? It takes very good pics as a rule, and if it's lost....oh well.

I now have a Galaxy SII set up with nothing but a camera and photo folder icon in my pack. Since it's an older model, I was able to find a solid gripping waterproof case for it dirt cheap on EBAY. Taking pics as a test around the yard both holding things and scenery...the pics looked great and download easy. As I knew they did.

Seems to be a perfect fit for something that most of us stack up and forget about?

Anybody else do the same?

Ralph
    Last edited by NJTroutbum; 02-05-2015 at 02:28 PM.