Thread: Drag not working properly

Threaded View

Default Drag not working properly

Long story short...A member donated this nearly new reel to our fundraising efforts but the click type drag does not appear to be working properly. I'll try to explain the issue the best I can. The attached pictures might help you understand what I'm trying to say.

As I understand it, the way this type of drag works, the 2 small, roughly triangular shaped pieces near the top of the springs are used to set the reel for either right or left hand retrieve. That seems to be working correctly. (Presently set for left retrieve.)

When the drag button on the face of the reel is turned for more or less drag, the silver "rounded triangle" at the bottom, between the 2 springs applies a bit more pressure to the spring to increase or decrease the amount of drag. The problem seems to be that when the drag button is turned the springs simply push the silver piece right back to the center so, in affect, the drag can't be adjusted. Did any of that make any sense?

I realize, this type of drag doesn't REALLY allow for that much actual drag adjustment but there should be some adjustment. Anyone have any thoughts on what is causing this and what I can do to "fix" it? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images