Quote Originally Posted by tkidder View Post
Thanks David! Keeping a consistent tension on the threads is tough, maybe I just need better tape but it just seems like they were moving around on me quite a bit. Thanks again!
You don't really need to apply too much tension to the threads as long as it is consistent. Everyone has their own methods, but I use very small strips of masking tape at each thread end as I apply threads and try to maintain a very slight tension as the thread slips thru my finger tips, especially when working with metallics, for too much will stretch and deform the thread. I use a 1/2" wide roll of masking tape cut crossway into small 1/8" strips to adhere each thread end to the blank. As long as the tape is fairly fresh, it does the job nicely, removes easily and w/o leaving any glue residue on the blank..............older tape will cause you problems. Just make adjustments as needed with your burnishing tool thru-out wrapping the design. Once you are satisfied with the wrap, apply your CP carefully and things should stay in place pretty well. Your photo shows that you have a pretty good handle on thread wrapping, so don't get discouraged.............next time do a feather inlay!