I cast the A4 and the Response 6 wts at the Denver fly fishing show. I wouldn't say I cast them side by side, though. As has been pointed out, the main difference is that the Response is a faster, stiffer rod. The A4 has a somewhat more moderate, relaxed casting stroke. I liked them both. The Response actually felt a bit "klunky" to me while casting--a little heavy and not as smooth. But that's mostly compared to the Sage One that I had cast just before rather than to the A4.

Quote Originally Posted by John_N View Post
Sage and others changed their warranties a while ago to limit or exclude coverage from most non-fishing circumstances. As defensible as that may be, it still would leave one manufacturer's warranty covering a little more than the others.
I don't see much difference. The Sage warranty says,"This warranty does not cover fire, theft, missing rod sections, intentional breakage, modification or customization of the finished rod, or damage during the assembly of a blank into a finished rod." The Scott warranty says, "The warranty does not cover loss or theft, loss or damage caused by transportation such as airlines, UPS, FedEx, US Mail, intentional damage, or damage from neglect." Both seem to cover slamming it in the car door, stepping on it, falling on it, and all the various other mayhem that we might typically inflict.