+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glasses

Default Glasses

I need new glasses and have been thinking about transitions lenses. Does anyone have any opinions. I now have anti glare and polarized lenses now. I mainly fish warm water and trout on occasion. Also what color does everyone suggest amber or grey.
    If at first you don't succeed ... Then sky diving may not be the sport for you

Blog Entries

I have both and like the amber for driving and fishing but the gray are my everyday glasses.

Ditto what Charlaine said.

Mine are amber and I really like them.

Blog Entries

you want to make sure there polarized if not get yourself a pair of over glasses.

I am still trying to adjust to progressives for daily use. And went that way with my sunglasses to for a short period. I now have a pair of RayBans, polarized, with a fixed bifocal (low and inside) that work perfectly. Just enough bifocal for tying knots and examining flies.

Just a note. They (eye Dr. staff) told me it would take a long time to get used to the progressive lenses, and it did. Took a year and a half. But now they work great. Recently I needed new lenses and I opted for the transitions/extra-active lenses. They darken fairly fast and look dark grey in bright sunlight and black when snow is on the ground. However, you don't realize that looking through them. I did get a pair of clip-ons in amber for low light days and mornings and evenings. They are great for fishing and hunting but must be removed when the sun is up, too bright!

If you have progressive lenses the glasses may need to be adjusted a little to make them more comfortable.
    Tolerances on the lenses are 0.5 mm.

Rick

I bought the Transitions Drivewear lenses that even darken behind a car windshield (in amber). These lenses never get to full polarization & I didn't care for them when fishing & even found them lacking in extremely bright driving conditions.
    I am due to change glasses soon. I will go to the anti glare/polarized prescription sunglasses in amber for the superior polarization. I will probably also get a less expensive pair of progressive lenses for moving in & out of sunlight or at sporting events.
    I have found over many years (and at much expense) that there is NO ideal solution.
    Good luck with your choice.

Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

This is my 2nd go-round with progressives. Wore them since last May this last time. This week went back to standard bifocals. Never again.

+ Reply to Thread