+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Global DorbeR Group

Default Global DorbeR Group

Recently in a thread about fly lines someone mentioned the lines from Global DorbeR Group. I went to their website and attempted to order some lines. The website is locked. The lines were listed at $11 each and when I tried to order them online the price came up different. I sent an email and was answered this morning. The website was locked on purpose as it has failed in some way. I called this morning and was told he, (one man operation and actually a sideline) was looking for someone who could fix and maintain the website as the fellow who did it has left the company (I wished him luck).

He said he can still take orders BUT they must be either over the phone or by mail. His credit card function is tied to the website so you must send a check. He has some well priced items, such as the fly lines which are $14.40 each (still a good price) and some other things.

I told him I would post the information on the FAOL forum. I am putting a check in the mail today and will report back on the lines, which I am sure are fine as they came recommended by a respected member of our community. (Thanks Rick)
    Clint
    in far west Kentucky

I bought a line and a reel from him several years ago when he had a table at the Southern Council Conclave in Mountain Home,AR. He runs a reputable business and has been around a long time. They sell some soft action rods which a lot of people praise.

Dave

The lines have worked well for me. A respected friend got me onto them.

Rick

The Global Dorber lines are made by Northern Sport which make a lot of OEM / private label lines
    If you're looking for the $10 over runs / factory seconds you can get them HERE
    I've had good luck with them myself. I have 7 or 8
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

I've been to discount tackle, seems like a good bunch. And they have DT lines

+ Reply to Thread