Thread: New Daiwa Rods, Tenkara RT

Threaded View

This archived Tenryu Tenkara Rod web page, from their " dead item" folder, shows that Tenryu was a major supplier of Tenkara rods before dropping Tenkara in, I am guessing, 2008/2009.

They offered 7 different rod models - 2 were two-way zoom rods. And the rod lengths ran from 2.7 m to 4.4meters. I think clearly Tenryu's issue of the TF 39 in 2014 and the issue of the TF 39 TA rod this year is viewed as the return of a major supplier of tenkara rods.

I have to wonder if Tenryu's new interest is a response to their perceived or expected declining interest by Daiwa and expected loss of interest by Gamakatsu in Tenkara product offerings.

http://fishing.tenryu-magna.com/dead...u/tenkara.html

Looking at Tenryu's "dead item" folder I can see that their Tenkara rod page was moved into the dead item folder in February 2009. The move would appear to coincide with the major fishing shows in Yokohama and Osaka which are held in February.

http://fishing.tenryu-magna.com/deaditem/

Anyway, Plat has both of the new Tenryu Tenkara rods on their website. The TF 39 is only a couple of bucks more than the Nissin Zerosum 400. Probably another $40 or so shipped to the USA. Maybe someone with curiosity and money to burn will order one and post a review. Or someone will order one of the Anglo & Company Tenkara rods, another interesting Tenkara rod that looks like it is high quality, and review it. And Oleg at Tenkara Times has just issued the Watershed 360 rod. Lots of new changes in Tenkara rod product offerings this year. Kind of interesting to see the directions different companies are going .

fwiw,
    D
    Last edited by dwalker; 02-16-2015 at 11:05 PM.