+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paying Tribute to Denny. Idea?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Z View Post
    I have not received an answer from her here or on facebook.
    Rick
    She posted some challenges several months ago, but I have seen nothing since. Hopefully, things will work out, in the end, for Denny to get the recognition he so richly deserves.
    God Bless America

Wow !!! It's good to pop on here and see this thread, I have a couple of capes from Denny still.. Haven't been tying much , but to see Denny still being thought about is Awesome !!! He was always very good to me ... and his hackles ..excellent
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

As usual ... lol I didn't check date of last post... I see it was over a year ago , hope all worked out ... either eay, my previous post remains the same, I thought a lot of Denny...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

And my previous post remains the same. What happened to our attempt to honor our friend. There is some person who claims to be an Administrator who started this and we never heard another word. Did the family ever get our attempt to show how much he meant to us? Apparently not. What a shame....
    God Bless America

Blog Entries

A couple weeks ago my son had some work to do near Fairbanks (inspecting welds on a bridge over the Chena River) and sent me a text with a picture of a grayling in his hand. He had a little time to kill, okay? It was an incredible fish in a very decent photo.

His comment "Yeah, average size was maybe an inch less than that day with Denny up on the Gulkana... I was really surprised at how good the fishing was.

It was at least ten years ago when Denny came up and fished with us and that day still stands as a reference for all things grayling in the mind of a young man with many thousands of grayling behind him. And not only does he have numbers of grayling, he has size. Denny hoped to catch a single fish over 18" to earn the catch and release patch. The fish he entered was over 22" and it had the company of many others over 18". It was caught on a fly tied by Riley with ConRanch Hackle.

But the take-away here is that Denny is remembered by at least one "influenced soul" a long decade down the road.
    art

Hap,
    That Soul I not alone by any mean. Denny and I had our service time in common, but he was just and interesting and warm individual. I think of him often and repeat some of his stories to others. As mentioned before, I still have one of his Cree skins untouched. That's the skin he prepared, as a demo, at the Idaho Fish-In in 2007 or 08. Jim ad D were also there. Thanks for the memories.
    God Bless America

I came across the pictures that were taken at that Fish-In from 2007 when I was going through some of Dee's things. Some of them showed Denny preparing that skin. The fact that he is still remembered by those that knew him is a tribute to who he was and what he contributed to the lives of people that he touched. I think, based on my own personal experiences, that this is the highest tribute a person can receive. May we all strive to be the best that God intended us to be and may our passing bring a mixture of sorrow and smiles to those that knew us.

+ Reply to Thread