+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paying Tribute to Denny. Idea?

Hybrid View

Default Paying Tribute to Denny. Idea?

This is my off the wall idea. Denny Conrad was a great help to me about hackle. Due Date August 30, 2015.
    I am thinking of a swap tribute.
    Send 13 flies. A dozen will go to Reel Recovery and the recognition would go to Denny's family.
    One fly will be for a shadow box for Denny's family This fly should be one of your best or most meaning full.
    I will include a sheet with every ones name that would be part of this.
    Please use feathers that you got from Conranch Hackle, If you have them. Otherwise tie any fly you want to.
    Is there any interest?
    Please toe tag the fly to go into the box. That way your fly can be identified.
    Rick
    Last edited by Rick Z; 06-08-2015 at 03:15 PM.

I like the idea Rick. I've thought of doing something very similar, with the only difference being the flies would be tied from feathers from his chickens.

If you are starting a swap I will participate. I will submit 1 dozen soft hackles using hackle from Denny's chickens.

Thank you,

Greg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Z View Post
    This is my off the wall idea. Denny Conrad was a great help to me about hackle.
    I am thinking of a swap tribute.
    Send 12 flies. They all will go to Reel Recovery and the recognition would go to Denny's family.
    I will include a sheet with every ones name that would be part of this.
    Please use feathers that you got from him.
    Is there any interest?

Rick
    Rick you stole my thunder!!! Kidding thought I have been working on something along the same idea though I was thinking project healing waters. I love it and I know Liz will as well. I'll do what I can to tie 12 flies and get them off to you. Ok i just had a thought. How about 13 flies and we take the extra flies and mount them into a shadow box for his daughter. with each set given a number to correspond to the tier on the list and frame it to be mounted next to the box. I'm also for just using his feathers if you can.

I have a couple of Conranch capes. Denny was a great friend to us all. I'm am willing to participate. Six furnace and six badger streamers. Just read your idea for the shadow box, Charlaine, 12 and a spare.
    Last edited by billhouk; 01-07-2015 at 01:22 AM.

Blog Entries

the fly for the shadow box, i'm thinking should be one of our best or favored flies. or one that means a lot to us.

Yep Charlene, the extra fly for a shadow box is like icing on the cake. Great idea!

Blog Entries

thanks i think it would be a perfect gift for Liz his daughter and the rest of his family.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaineC View Post
    Rick you stole my thunder!!! Kidding thought I have been working on something along the same idea though I was thinking project healing waters. I love it and I know Liz will as well. I'll do what I can to tie 12 flies and get them off to you. Ok i just had a thought. How about 13 flies and we take the extra flies and mount them into a shadow box for his daughter. with each set given a number to correspond to the tier on the list and frame it to be mounted next to the box. I'm also for just using his feathers if you can.
    Charlaine or Rick, Any follow up on the fly presentation and honors for Denny? I have not seen anything posted.
    God Bless America

Blog Entries

We are still planning on this we had to push the tribute back due to weather and lack of water at the location

Still time to tie some flies for this.

Rick

+ Reply to Thread