+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Norvice

Default Norvice

Anyone have one for sale?

Just another HappyHooker

Catching and Releasing Fisher-folk for 40+years

Can't vouch for the seller as I have never dealt with him, but here's one for sale on another forum: http://washingtonflyfishing.com/foru...set-up.103866/

Blog Entries

I did not like my Norvise and rarely used it. But, many swear by them. All depends on the individual.

Their first jaws were "in-line" which tended to crowd the rear of the hook.

However, they now offer an offset true rotary jaw. I would recommend that option if you get a Norvise.

Just my suggestion.

I got mine with the large saltwater jaws. Then i got the fine point jaws and i use them
    Quite often. I wish i had the small inline rather than the salt water jaws. I love my vise,
    But its not perfect.

Thanks for the input. I had one a few years ago and traded it for a Dynaking Barracuda. I was back in the day when I was teaching our beginners class at our club and it was a pain breaking down and setting up each time. Thought if I could find another one at a good price it would be nice to have again.

Hi jason72,

I was the one you did the trade with. I'm not looking to part with it. Your handle and thread title caught my attention. Anyhow, I hope someone here who isn't using their Norvice chimes in. I found jason72 to be good guy to deal with.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Glad to see you are enjoying it. No complaints on the trade as I still use the Dynaking. Just kind of miss some of the features and there was an open spot on the tying desk I felt needed to be filled. Thanks for the nice words.

+ Reply to Thread