+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB: 7 wt reel

Hybrid View

Default WTB: 7 wt reel

I am looking for a mid or high end 7 weight reel that is in good condition. This will be used for larger trout. (Actually I plan to put a DT6F line and >50 yards of 20 lb dacron backing on the reel, but since most 6wt reels only accommodate a WF6F line, I'm looking for a 7 wt. reel)

Ideally the reel will have seen only minimal use. I don't mind a few small nicks and scratches, but I want it to be mechanically perfect. I'd like to keep the weight down to about 5 ounces, if possible, so that it balances well with the rod that I plan to pair it with.

As examples of the type of reel I would like to find, I would love a Galvan (Torque or Spoke), a Bauer (CFX or Rogue) or a Ross Evolution. However, I am open to other reels of similar quality.

Please PM me if you have such a reel that you would be willing to part with at a good price.

Thanks for your help.

I have 7 lamson reels, I love them. the #3 would be the size you are looking for. The velocity, in my opinion, is the best value and the litespeed is the best for lightest weight but will stand up to punishment. However, I will not part with any. EBAY has an auction going on that is a great buy, I am tempted at the buy it now price but, like I said I already have 1 velocity #3 and 2 litespeed #3. I can fish these with 6,7 and 8 wt lines. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamson-veloc...item2edb9a1e65 For the next level up the Force is even better. this auction is a great price for the force http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamson-ULA-F...item54175bfd6a

Any interest in a Pfleuger Trion 7/8? I have one in mint condition. May be too heavy for what you want at 6.6 Oz.

4. Default

Ross Cimarron 3 with 2 spare spools and 2 Ross reel covers. Set is in very good condition. Can send pics to your email. $160 shipped in USA

Thanks to all who responded to my request. I settled on a Bauer Rogue 3, which was on sale, as they are closing them out.

+ Reply to Thread