+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What did Santa bring you?

These were deer hair bassbugs I received in a Christmas Secret Santa Swap. Too cool to fish with tho the person wanted me to.

Ok that is great! Fish'em though I'm curious if the work. I got a pair of G3 simms waders that my dad found at the local goodwill shop! Now to go see if they leak.

My wife and I have pretty much given up exchanges the last several years. We let each other know what we got them. I got her a new mixer. Little did I realize that top of the line mixers can cost what a good used car did a few years ago. Myself, I found a couple of very good buys on blanks people were getting rid of for quick cash before Christmas. A 7'6" Paul Young taper Martha Marie hex bamboo blank with handle and ferrules already installed. I had the Perfectionist and didn't particularly like it but have heard good about the MM. Also a penta bamboo blank in a 7'2" 6wt. I've always liked quads but never had a penta. Have heard from people who love them, others who say they can't tell a difference. We'll see but getting caught up on fly tying for awhile and now time to start on rods.

I received a much needed Folstaf wading staff. Love the cork grip and nifty holster. Got to try it out this past Saturday and it is very handy indeed!
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

Didn't make out too bad. $100 gift certificate for my favorite fly shop from my sister. Added to the one she gave me for my birthday last month. $200 to spend over the next month or so. My niece and her husband keep Arcana chickens at their home in Austin and one ended up in the stew pot. They saved me the feathers and gave them to me as a gift. They make a nice variation of the PT nymph. I tied some up for her father-in-law last year for a New Zealand trip he took last year and he took two very nice brown trout on them. Now if they just work around here.

Santa brought me a 1300 FPS air rifle and it only cost me $159.00
    Watch out all you squrille tails.

Hey Philly, you ought to post up a pic of that pheasant tail with those feathers.

Philly, would that be the Araucana chicken. Years ago an Aunt and Unc had a bunch of them and they laid distinctly blue eggs. I looked up a few pics and the neck has big hunks of feathers growing out of each side. Should be a lot of good stuff on there. A hen should have some nice soft hackle.

Fishing related I got a new Cabelas RLS reel with an extra spool for my bass rod. A nice fit I must say....the hints worked. Lol!

Got 2000 jig hooks for making jigs - $30 cabelas card - 6 colors of Veniards Fly Dye - clothes

+ Reply to Thread