Byron,

Good Call.
This probably predates your joining this site and I don't know how many are aware that Terry was a member here. Quite a few mornings when I logged on I'd see he was already here, perusing the tying forum and he would chime in from time to time with historical pearls and tips. Yet when he did, often his posts went un-responded too, as if few were aware of the gift of knowledge that he was offering this forum.

As you probably know from the books, Terry and his son Stan operated Fly Fishing Specialties ( a retail fly shop and wholesaler of tying products ) out this way for decades and over that time our respective shops did a good deal of business together. In the earlier years, I'd end up with Terry or Stan on the horn nearly every week and occasionally drop in on them when I was in town. At times when reading through these two volumes, a twist or phrase will pop up that makes it seem as if Terry who had a speaking style all his own, is in the room alongside me.
Stan Helleckson was kind enough to send the set to me not long after it was published and it?s been a great reference, especially of interest to me are Terry's illuminations on the lesser known early tiers of the west coast.

Thanks for offering it up, Dave