Cutting to the chase: does anyone have experience with both the Patagonia Guidewater and Rio Gallegos waders, in the same size? Has the fit changed from one model to the other or are the improvements in materials and technology only?

I got a pair of Patagonia Guidewater waders size med/reg from my dad who found them too large. I fished with them all year and found them very comfortable but have always thought they were just a touch too long in the leg. My inseam, crotch to floor like their sizing chart says, is 31". That same chart says the Med/Reg has an inseam of 32".

So last week I ordered a pair of Rio Gallegos waders in Med/Short which is listed in their size chart as having a 30" inseam. After trying them on today (they arrived this afternoon), these feel just a bit too short. I adjusted the suspenders and that helped a little but what I'm afraid of is I'll be high-stepping up some rocks or over a tree and the stretch will cause too much stress in the seat/crotch area.

My gut says I need the next size up in the new waders but its so close I'm not sure. I was rather looking forward to the reduced drag in the current with a better fit than the Guidewaters but now I'm not sure if it'll just be more of the same by sizing up.

Input/personal experience/opinion?? Thanks.