Well, that's a tall order. Since I'm not planning on learning new languages or reforming political systems for fishing, places like Kamchatka and Iran are out, though they probably both have great fishing. If money and time are the only reasons preventing me from going, then...

I'm a sucker for small stream fishing, especially if it is remote. Most of my fishing locally is in small streams for both warm and coldwater species, even though big rivers and reservoirs are available to me. For my small stream fix I would look in the Rocky Mountains anywhere from New Mexico to Alaska. I would be okay in the Sierra's too.

I've never fished an alpine lake, and they are intriguing. I'd love to do that in the High Uintas Wilderness of Utah on a weeklong backpacking trip, but would be OK in Rocky Mountain National Park, the High Sierras, or the Wind Rivers.

My lifetime catch (spin and fly) in saltwater is still currently 0. I'd love to change that, preferably in a warm ocean somewhere, although the North Carolina Outer Banks would count in the summer, as would the Gulf Coast most of the year, or Florida and the Caribbean anytime. But given my past track record, I'd want to have a guide to increase my odds.

I do like the idea of fishing summer all year by switching hemispheres, although that is really the only draw for me to want to go to NZ versus the US Mountain West.

I'd also like to have a bass/bluegill/catfish pond on my own property. I have the place all picked out...