+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swap Proposal

Hybrid View

Default Swap Proposal

Thought I'd throw out the following swap proposal and see if there is any interest. Let me know if you would be willing to participate in the swap by simply replying "I'll play/I'm in".

This swap would be for 6 participants. Each participant would tie 4 of their favorite flies for a total of 24 flies. It can be a variation such as dry, nymph, soft hackle, midge, or 2 dries and 2 nymphs, or 4 streamers, or 3 dries, 1 nymph , etc, etc. These will be your favorite flies.

I know this is a busy season most. I am thinking the due date will be shortly after Christmas.

Any interest?

Swap is now closed. Please have flies in my mailbox by January 15. Please include return shipping. Thank for joining and happy tying.
    Last edited by gqualls; 12-10-2014 at 11:07 PM. Reason: addition

Sjo Crapels, Kloosterkoolhof 12, 6415 XT, Heerlen, the Netherlands, Europe

If I understand you correctly we must ty four flies for each participant? I'm in. That is if you accept European tiers. We will have to work something out for the P&P, I can compensate your costs with extra flies or materials or we can do Paypal.
    Greetz
    Sjo
    Last edited by sjo; 11-30-2014 at 07:10 AM.
    Let the fly be with you....

I am new to this but I'll play/I'm in.

Glad to have you join sjo; we can certainly work out shipping.
    Welcome newbee; this should be a good swap.

Greg; I'm in (someone has to keep newbee out of trouble). I am a bit confused about the number of fly's to tie but I'm sure you will help me sort it out. When do you need our list of what we will we will be tying?
    BTW I'm glad to see someone start up a swap other than the monthly. Back it 2006 I was is a dozen swaps and had a ball! Need to get that going again.

To clarify the swap details ......... I was hoping to have 6 participants altogether. Each participant would tie 5 sets of their 4 favorite flies, one set for each participant other than themselves. My flies will probably be: a sz.18 sulphur emerger, a #22 black fly midge, A # 18 PT soft hackle, a #18 BWO comparadun. I would tie 5 of each fly, for a total of 20 flies.

I know it is a large number of flies.

I hope that explains things a little better. I will wait until Saturday to see if the swap fills. If we do no have enough people signed up the swap will be cancelled.

Greg
    Last edited by gqualls; 12-02-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: addition

+ Reply to Thread