We are planning a trip to Yellowstone next July. this is primarily a family vacation. Of course we want to see Old Faithful and all of the tourist sights. I should mention that we have never been there so we want to see it all! in about 3 days! Which due to time restraints and the almighty dollar is all that we will have. Or perhaps I should say the lack of the almighty dollar LOL. Anyway I really want to fish where the Firehole Gibbon and Madison come together. My wife wants to go on the cowboy supper at the Roosevelt lodge. My boy just wants to go. With all this being said I'm pretty sure we will arrive at the worst possible time on Saturday. I'm fairly certain the crowds will be awful. We will probably stay in some of the frontier cabins. Just to save a few bucks. I have 2 questions at least for now 1 which lodge would you reccommend and why and 2 can you cook at these cabins? Is there picnic tables or anything around close? I have searched the web but I can't find anything about cooking at the cabins. I know they don't have kitchens but we can grill and stuff like that if there's a place close by.

Thanks in advance,
hNt

PS. We are probably going to set an actual date and reserve a spot this month. I don't have a calendar in front of me but I think we will be there the last Saturday in July. Thanks for all your help!