Marco,

I am shocked to read how you feel about FAOL. I guess it just proves that you never know someone until they express themselves like you just did. I feel you have missed the most important reason that Deanna and Jim started FAOL. It was not as an investment to get rich on. It was an adventure to help all the new fly fishers who cannot afford guides, tying classes, casting instructions, etc. The Administrators of FAOL wanted to sincerely help expand the sport of fly fishing and I feel they have done that. Where else can you go and get all the helpful info on fly fishing, fly tying, rod building, etc., for free? The $10 fee does not have to be mandatory. It just needs to be brought up where new members can see it and if they want to contribute, they can. I do not know of any magazine subscription that offers this much info and only cost $10 per year. As far as you putting me in the, " If that were the case ,I contend there would be a total of NINE of ya to share your ff eloquence" I will always be available to share any help I can give to someone just starting into fly fishing and fly tying. I enjoy helping others and that is why I am a volunteer with Partners In Healing to help disabled Vets. I love to help others and expect nothing in return. That is just me. I pay $20 per year for a subscription to Fly Tyer magazine and it only comes out 4 times per year and I have been a subscriber for over 10 years and I still get something out of reading each issue. I have a strong desire to fly fish and tie flies. I love the river and the peace it gives me and I love to share that with anyone. All fly fishing and tying magazines, once read, are usually discarded and you can never remember what was in them unless you made copies before discarding them. At least with FAOL, you can go to the archives and pull articles up that were published on FAOL over 5 years or more ago. That in its self, Marco, is worth $10 per year. You can learn how to tie flies from going through each article here titled, Beginner's, Intermediate and Advanced. That, Marco, is worth $10 per year. If you no longer fly fish or tie flies or do anything relating to fly fishing, that is fine, but, don't take it away from those who have a desire to learn all they can and get it for measly $10 per year.

If my post has offended anyone, I am not sorry about it. FAOL means a lot to me and they have done so much for the sport of fly fishing. I have so many friends here on FAOL that I have never met in person and probably never will, but, they mean a lot to me and I would have never learned of them without FAOL.