Thread: Nautilus FW5 reels and spools

Threaded View

Default Nautilus FW5 reels and spools

I don't need this many reels and spools for my Winston GVX 6wt rod so I am willing to let some go at reasonable prices if anyone here wants them.

I intend to keep a reel for myself, but will let you pick what you want from the collection. These reels are American made in Miami FL. to be exact.

First up I have a Nautilus No.5 reel with a spare spool. This reel is identical to the FW5 except for the drag. These are in very good shape, have boxes and warranty cards for them. There might be a small spot of finish gone from the frame but other than that they are excellent.

SOLD Next I have a Nautilus FW5 reel. It is in decent shape, a little more cosmetic rock rash than the No.5 reel / spools previously mentioned, and has seen much more use. This reel has the red housing CCF drag system on it where the No. 5 reel has a black drag housing on it. I bought this reel used from Trouts Fly Shop in Denver a couple years ago.

They all function perfectly fine, and the drags are both strong enough for any freshwater quarry you want to hook into with a 5/6 wt. rod.

The spools are 3-1/2" diameter, and a reel weighs around 4.2 ounces or so.

I find that these are probably better suited for WF5 lines, purely because I use long belly WF6 lines and there isn't enough backing capacity for my comfort fishing for 20"-24" hot rainbows in heavy current. If the backing capacity was more, I wouldn't even consider selling them. If I could find the FW5+ spools for them I wouldn't sell them.

These reels have the same frames as the current FWX 5/6 reels. The FWX differs in that its spool has more backing capacity, which is an average of the FW and FW+ spools. The spools are all interchangeable. SO with the proceeds of selling one of the reels, I hope to buy a new FWX 5/6 spool for the reel I get to keep for myself.

These reels all sold new for $295 each, and the spare spools for $125 each.

I'd like to get $180 for the No.5 reel with box and warranty card.

I'd like $80 for the spare spool with warranty card.

I'd like to get SOLD for the FW5 reel.

I am only asking what I see these sell for on ebay in like condition.

Please PM me if you are at all interested.

Thanks
    Marc

Last edited by Renegade; 12-02-2014 at 02:31 AM.