+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Off topic. Home & container broken into, jewelry & all tools gone.....

Hybrid View

Default Off topic. Home & container broken into, jewelry & all tools gone.....

Sorry for off topic. Could not resist. Due to the many fine people on here and there high IQ I simply could not resist.

A week before coming here....from 3,000 miles away my home was broken into. Approximately $5,000 worth of Indian jewelry gone. Collected over 38 years of marriage to a now deceased wife. The memories of the purchases and the thoughts behind them more important than the dollars.

Shipping container broken into and all power tools and sockets, wrenches, saws, everything gone. As a working man I do not go out and buy expensive tool at the drop of a hat. So the lifetime collection of useful tools gone really sucks.

Now have to deal with a sheriff's report list to make out and another list for the insurance company. Several times tempted to cheat and include something that was in effect really stolen but not of this incident. But, I can't bring myself to do that. Friends with experience suggest I make it as high a dollar loss as possible. But....I just gotta keep it real.

Apologize for non fishing subject. I often wish there was a board for "Off Topic" subjects because of the many good and fine people on here.

Obviously any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

That really sucks. I hope you have good insurance that will pay for replacing your tools. My sympathies to you on the loss of the jewelry that you collected with your wife. That can never really be replaced.

So sorry for your troubles, Jim.

Whitewolf,
    Really sorry to read of your misfortune. But heartened when I read that in spite of it - you are remaining true to what is right.
    Praying for you.
    Dick

Yup. I am supposed to be enjoying the AZ sun....but it is stressful dealing with all the issues now. It has happened to others so I am not destroyed by it. It is but just a bump in the road of life. Not the end of it. I trust somewhere down the line...a few years from now God willing I will still be on this planet, doing something, somewhere.....so it is just an inconvience.

I came on here to ask admin to delete this thread. But it is comforting to see the comments of others. tks

Jim

Hi Jim, That is really a shame to be victimized like that. It would be nice to have the thieves caught and your treasures returned. I will pray for that. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

One really cannot grasp the significance of this kind of "event" until it happens to YOU. Jim, I'm with you in spirit, I know the feeling and the experience. Like you say, the paper work and having to figure out what was what and what you had.
    Good luck, and cling to the thought that there is a higher law of reciprocity, call it Karma if you like, that will revisit and repay the culprits many times over.

Whitewolf, I'm terribly sorry to hear about the theft.

My home also was broken into about a year and a half ago; my things were ransacked, my washer, dryer, and shower were used, and at least one item was stolen. Fortunately this happened while my family and I were away. I never recovered my property, but the police did catch the perp (confirmed by DNA left at my house!) and he is due for sentencing in a few weeks.

As a side note, I would like to point out that there is an off topic board on this website, it's called Sound Off.
    And wherever the river goes, every living creature that swarms will live, and there will be very many fish. Ezekiel 47:9

My understanding is that the Sound Off is for kudos and gripes and complaints......

Doesn't reall feel like a board to really go off topic and ask for help or questions about non fishing stuff. Like how to get a Palm Pilot III to work on a new computer. How to get the Yamaha YPT 300 cd to work on a new computer. Which battery to buy for an electric trolling motor. How to repair a fiberglass boat. How to svc and get a 10hp outboard motor running and tuned for your elevation....6500-9000 feet. Live at 6500. Some lakes at 9000. In other words a place to ask all the intelligent people on here for help and advice or give it...on things in life totally not realated to fishing......a whole lot of skill, knowledge and intelligence on this website.......lotta brains to pick......
    Last edited by Whitewolf; 11-14-2014 at 04:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread