+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Off topic. Home & container broken into, jewelry & all tools gone.....

Hybrid View

Jim,

Really hated to her this, but, this sort of thing seems to be happening more and more lately. One thing you can do is keep a check on your local Pawn shops to see if any of these items show up. The down side of this is to be able to prove that what you find there is yours. One thing that you can do ( and I need to do it myself ) is to take a picture of things you purchase to replace lost items and make sure the picture has the Model and S/N number showing. With the new digital cameras, this would be the best way to prove that the item found in the Pawn shop is yours.

Good luck and keep the faith...
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Blog Entries

I had a hunting pack stolen on a very short flight from Kodiak to Anchorage many years ago. I filled out the insurance forms and was treated properly by the insurance company, but over time realized I had forgotten a lot of stuff that had to have been in that pack. The pack itself was many hundreds of dollars and a Zeiss ClassiC binocular bumped the money up significantly...

I cannot begin to imagine remembering more than a fraction of what was lost. And I have a memory most would have killed for.

That sucks but remember they can't steal the memory's.

Sorry to hear this. It is the most violated feeling to know someone took your possessions of years of work and saving just to support their drug habits or sell at a dime on the dollar. And WarrenP, you are right. It is time to get the digital camera going and up update my shots of sports possessions again, along with a value of items to make it easier for my wife or executor to clean the mess we tend to leave behind. Like many, I'd hate to see her sell stuff for what I said I paid for it.a

Just a thought, but you might want to check to see if the jewelry turns up on e-bay (the world's largest fence.) I recovered a stolen musical instrument that way.
    Bob

Good tip on the ebay. Thank you all for your comments and caring enough to post. I found only one item in a local pawn shop. The drill press. Sheriff got the name of the person who pawned it. From there who knows? Rather interesting here. I live about 10 miles from a small town 3.5 hours north east of Phoenix. In the country with no behind me or in front of me. And neighbor on my right empty house cannot be seen from mine. Neighbor on other side cannot be seen from my house. I walked back to my back fence and found it cut. Just bolt cutters cut each wire of the utility fence and all the padlocks outside. They just cut every wire up and down one of the steel posts and bent it back about 2' to make a walk thru. Sheriff said they are druggies that walk around with backpacks up here. They actually break into summer homes in the winter and just take inventory. They leave it locked and just know what is there. When they hear of a need for something they know where to go steal it. Because they do not have "storage" they take inventory. You never know when you are going to get robbed. Most folks have summer homes here and are not here in the winter. I spend winters here and summers somewhere else. I said I am lucky I still have the 6000watt generator on the back deck. He said aah.....they just didn't have a buyer for it yet! Sheriff says they have a website or source where they can check for pawned stuff these days. And that a pawned item is supposed to only be accepted for pawn with the person having a "picture" ID. Oh well.....

Blog Entries

Jim I'm so sorry to hear this. I am praying for you. I'm happy to see that your being true to you and doing the right thing as you see and feel it in your heart.
    Make sure you check Craigs list as well, As tools and fast sell items show up there all the time. Just received stuff that was stolen a year ago that way.

+ Reply to Thread