+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WE Need a New Category on This Board

Default WE Need a New Category on This Board

Been thinking about this for a few days, and I believe that we need to start a new category. It would be for all of us DIY'ers that make a lot of our own equipment, or try and save a few bucks by making things yourself. We have a category for rodmakers, I am talking about all the other things...fly boxes, landing nets, tying kits, bags, etc.

What say all of you?

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Sounds like a good idea. Great way to share some ways to save $$$ with the rest of the members

I'll go along but you're going to have to loan me tools. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

I think your suggestion has merit. I have seen some of your "inventions" and they are great and need to be shared. We have a wonderful section here for fly tiers and it is packed full of great tips and DIY tools and you could spend hours viewing all of the tips and I doubt if many of the new members even know it exists. I feel most come to the main page and immediately go to the Bulletin Board and never look at the menu on the main page to see what else is there for them to access. Times are getting rough and anything one can do to save a buck is worth sharing.

It will be interesting to see what others think about your suggestion.....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I would love to see such a section, and might even be able to contribute to it. I love puttering as well as fly tying and rod building !
    "Tap her light and she'll always be fresh"

I think this would be a great addition. I putter around with a lot of different things and would love to show them off to the gang.

Great idea...always interested in the DIY stuff....now to get the administration to do it.

Blog Entries

This is a good idea. The members already post a lot of DIY ideas but the postings are scattered over the whole range of thread categories and hidden inside of an existing thread that has no mention of a DIY idea. That makes it very difficult to locate the suggested projects. Good thought Brad.

Larry ---sagefisher---

I am not sure what is required to start a new category. But a few years ago, Farleycat thought we should lighten up a bit and post some jokes. That thread is now approaching 1300 replies. Why not start a DIY thread and see where it goes? I like the idea, I have bodkins from concrete nails and antler, loop spinners from lockset parts and coat hanger, a tying bench from scrap wood, etc.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

UJ,
    That would be better than nothing but for the reasons sagefisher said IMHO I think separate threads in a category would be better. For example there could be a thread on bodkins and then every project on bodkins would be in one place and we could check out all of them.

+ Reply to Thread