+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diamondback Fly Rod

Hybrid View

Default Diamondback Fly Rod

I'm trying to find out anything about Diamondback Standard Trout Rods. I have my hands on a 9' 4 piece model that's well used and I'm wondering about it's value. It's a graphite stick - I'd only be guessing at it's age. All thoughts and comments are welcome and appreciated!

Thanks,

Cliff

Cliff,
    I can't remember if it was the Tradition or the Standard that was replaced by the Classic. Same rod but evidently the name wasn't sexy enough.I owned four other Classics and only have one left. I think they Wiil get between 150.00 and 100.00 depending on the condition. I think they are worth more but the market has told me otherwise over the years. they just never caught on but I think the early DB rods were very nice graphite rods. I still have a Golden Shadow that is one of the best graphite dry fly rods I've ever fished.
    Hope someone else can give you a better definitive answer.
    Best,
    Steve
    it's all good drifts

I cannot answer your question, but, I own 3 Diamondback fly rods and they are enjoyable to use. I have one that I purchased several years ago and have never seen another one. It is a Diamondback CF865 - 8' 6" 5wt in 2 piece and is called the CAMOfly. The rod blank is camo colored. I also have the Diamondback All American DGS700 in a 9 foot 7wt and it is a dream to fish the larger bass popper/flies on. I also have the Diamondback All American DGS 700 in 8' 6" in a 5wt. All of these are 2 piece rods and they fish great. As far as value, I think they all cost between $150 to $200. All of them were manufactured here in their plant which I think was in Vermont.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I have a Diamondback "All American" in a 9' 5wt. I abosolutely love this rod. But sad to say, it's in the rod hospital right now. I broke the bottom section of it a few weeks back. Haven't heard how much it is going to cost to get it fixed even if they have the parts, since Cortland doesn't carry this rod anymore. They told me that if they didn't have parts they would exchange it for a comparable rod, hope it doesn't get to that, but we'll see.

Thanks for the replies! I cast this rod and really liked it - seems to handle 4 or 5 weight lines about the same in my back yard. I think I'll make an offer (as if I need another trout rod?)

Cliff

+ Reply to Thread