+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions for Little River in Tennessee?

Hybrid View

Default Suggestions for Little River in Tennessee?

I am heading down to Townsend, Tennessee, to fish the Little River or nearby. Do any of you have suggestions for me? It will be my first time there. I will wade and fish from the bank and hope to avoid "big water" situations where wading is difficult. All suggestions welcomed.

Stop at Little River Outfitters In Townsend. You can fish from the edge of town on In to the park. Several good guides in the area. I can recommend Ian Rutter. He's done well by me over the years.

I highly recommend Dock's Motel which is right on the Little River and there is private access (for guest at Dock's). Walk from your room to the river. Watch the rocks in the river. They are like walking on ice!!! Make sure to have a wading staff and use it. Do stop at Little River Outfitters and they can let you know what flies are working best. It may be very crowded with many people there looking at the leaves and taking pictures.

Not sure when you are going but I talked to Sharon, owner of Dock's Motel, and she told me they would be closed for vacation and I think she said the first 2 weeks of November. I was trying to reserve a room for the Fly Tying demo in Townsend on Nov. 8th & 9th.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Thanks, Warren. Dock's is where we are staying, and your tips about the rocks there are most welcome. Thanks.

Paul,

If you have never stayed at Dock's Motel, you will find Sharon most helpful and a great person. She is the third generation to run the motel. You will find the rooms to be very clean and comfortable. When you leave Dock's Motel and turn left you will come to a fork and the left fork will follow the Little River and there will be many pull over areas where you can park and fish the Little River. If you take the right fork, it will have pull over areas and you can fish smaller streams/pocket water. Overall, it is a beautiful area and I would love to live there. Townsend is a very quiet little town and the people are friendly. There is a small diner next to Dock's Motel, you can walk there if you want, and it has some great food especially their hamburgers. Enjoy yourself and be sure to give us a fishing report when you return.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Thanks for all the tips, guys. Snow predictions for Townsend will keep at home this time. I printed and filed the responses to my query, so your efforts were not wasted. I'm immensely disappointed in missing some trout fishing on tenkara.

I'm confused, trout don't mind snow...

billhouk: Ha! Cleverly stated, and there is some truth in your comment as well.

+ Reply to Thread