+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Fly Fisher

Default The New Fly Fisher

Almost everyone gets a PBS channel on their TV. I did not know they had a fly fishing program. Search for "The New Fly Fisher" to record the series on your DVR.

http://vimeo.com/108613628
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Wow! That was some REALLY GREAT FOOTAGE of topwater strikes! Loved it!

Says the show is going to be aired in 2015?
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Blog Entries

This is a show record to watch because of its odd show times.. great footage and great ideas.

I was told this is currently aired on World Fishing Network (WFN), as well. Got to see if I get that channel.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I've seen it and it's one of the better shows.

Yes, it is on the World Fishing Network and has been for quite sometime. I have been able to get that channel for about a year now and there are some great fishing shows on it. The New Flyfisher is one of the best. Most of the shows take place in British Columbia. Sportfishing On The Fly is another good one.

Dave

Definitely an excellent show. I get the WFN. The one thing I like about it is doesn't focus purely on trout and salmon and they do an excellent job explaining flies, tactics and tackle. I even learned something about the lake in northern Ontario I've been going to for to the past thirty years. The host of that particularly show was staying at a lodge about a thirty minute boat ride from the lodge I stay at. He announced that he would be fishing for big pike and big brook trout. I knew some of the hike in lakes near the lodge had rainbows and lake trout but nobody had ever mentioned a lake with 5-7 lb brook trout in it less than a 1/2 hour boat ride and a short hike through the bush from the lodge. That's the problem being focused on walleye, pike and smallmouth.

Dish Network has a "Sports Package" that was only $4 per month when I had it last year. It gets you about 4 channels I think. Outdoor Sportsman, WFN, PRST, MAVTV, uh.....thinking there is another one I can't remember. Anywhoo....it is a great little package for the price. Some of the channels have "In Fisherman" shows and Al Lindner shows. But they are sparse and most of the channels are about hunting. But the WFN is ALL fishing. I put them all in a Favorite list and could click on that list and see what was going to be on....on the entire group and pick what to watch. I had checked Direct and their "Sports Package" option at the time was $12 per month and the channels were all about athletics and such.....NOT hunting or fishing. I say this as I haven't had it for awhile. So I am not positive...but think it is still available and pretty low cost. Sports Fishing On the Fly was one of my favorites as was mentioned. There is also a show by Orvis. Just fyi.......
    Last edited by Whitewolf; 10-25-2014 at 01:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Just tried to check it out for you all. Chat person said it is now $5 per month but then left me high and dry. No answer to the question what channels. But the internet says $4 per month. It also gets PRST channel I believe....even though not listed below. It stands for Pursuit and don't know why they changed it. It used to be the HUNT channel and they changed the name. Anyway....for those interested it is a super package for only $5 per month IMHO. I have recorded many many shows from that package. Just FYI....trying to help fly fishermen.........
    Outdoor Sports Package.

Take your sports outside. The Outdoor Sports Package combines the hunting, fishing, shooting and motor sports programming of Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel, World Fishing Network and MAVTV to create the best variety of entertainment for outdoor and motor sports enthusiasts.
    Order Now $4.00/mo.

ns

They also have an excellent "free" e-zine. Just google "The New Fly Fisher" and it should come up.
    Work is something for people that don't fish.

+ Reply to Thread