Before I begin:
Yes, I know Montagues are low end production rods. Yes, I know that this rod is probably only good as firewood, or as a "banty" rod project. And no, I'm not planning on using it for either- I'm planning on fishing the hell out of it (that's what is was made for, right?).

Okay, so, I found this guy in Portland that was selling his dad's old Montague. The guy was selling it for more than a fair price, and the rod is really in amazing condition- as far as I can tell, all it's needing is one guide replaced on the mid section, and a fresh coat of varnish. Maybe straighten one of the tips that has a VERY slight bend in it (and yes, it has both tips). My question is this: any idea what rod weight this might be? The label is mostly worn away, but I can make out the last "H" in the old rod weight marking, which leads me to think it's either a 6wt or a 7wt (it seems too beefy to be anything lower than a 6wt). It doesn't have any intermediate wraps, so that leads me to think it's a 6wt. The butt section measures about 0.395" just above the hook keeper, and the tip measures about 0.095". Any ideas?

Best regards,
Joe Martin
Salem, OR

P.S. Other details that may help: it's got a full wells grip, 5 signature wraps above the hook keeper (red, yellow, red, yellow, red), and I THINK it's got NS hardware (seems too shiny to be aluminium.