+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Liljoe and I fished, again, today plus a picture for James Smith...

Default Liljoe and I fished, again, today plus a picture for James Smith...

Liljoe wanted to fish, again, today so we did. We had a great time on the river and caught many trout each. Nothing really large but sure a lot of fun. They were a mixture of Browns and Rainbows. In one of our posts on here, James Smith stated all he saw were pictures of fish and he wanted to see a "face to the name" so, here is my ugly mug that Joe took. He took the picture because I had a praying mantis on my hat and he just had to have a picture:

Here is just one of the pretty browns we caught:

Here is a picture of one of the rainbows:

Here is looking up the river:

Here is Liljoe with one of his rainbows:

Here is a picture looking down the river:

Just wanted to share. We had a good time on the river and did a lot of walking through the woods and wading. Beautiful day and fellowship.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Really enjoyed the day. The fishing was good and the laughter shared was even better. Can't wait for another fishing adventure!

Here's a couple photos I was able to snap.

Very thankful I was able to catch this little treasure. Such beautiful fish.
    The measurements of fly fishing: 1 part man, 1 part fish, and all God.

Nice Brookie, Joe!
    Warren...I'm a bit jealous you can smoke a pipe while you fish. I do cigars when I fish, cuz the pipe is too heavy to hold with my teeth!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

David,

There have been many times while fishing that I decide to fill and light my pipe after making a cast and will have my fly rod under my right arm and have a trout hit and I just turn my upper body to set the hook and finish filling my pipe and light it! When that happens, Joe just laughs and shakes his head. Some times a man just has to do whatever he can to get a strike! There have been several times when the "bite" is slow that I will tell Joe that I know what I have to do to get a strike and I put the fly rod under my arm, get out my pipe and tobacco and before I can get the pipe loaded, I will have a strike and "fish on"!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

You 2 better not wear all those trout out before I get there.

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Brad,

I am looking forward to your visit and I am hoping and praying that the weather holds and they are not generating during your visit. I have a spot that I want to show you and if all goes well, you should have a great time with dry flies and brown trout! Where Joe and I have been fishing requires a 3/4 mile walk up a road and then through the woods, but, we may not have to go that route if the first area pans out.

Really looking forward to your visit and fishing.
    Warren

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    David,

There have been many times while fishing that I decide to fill and light my pipe after making a cast and will have my fly rod under my right arm and have a trout hit and I just turn my upper body to set the hook and finish filling my pipe and light it! When that happens, Joe just laughs and shakes his head. Some times a man just has to do whatever he can to get a strike! There have been several times when the "bite" is slow that I will tell Joe that I know what I have to do to get a strike and I put the fly rod under my arm, get out my pipe and tobacco and before I can get the pipe loaded, I will have a strike and "fish on"!
    This is similar to my method for attracting deer while hunting, if I start to... erm... relieve myself, a big ol' buck will appear outta nowhere

+ Reply to Thread