+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Silvertop2 and Arizona

Default Silvertop2 and Arizona

Hey, I talked with you earlier via the bullitan board about fishing in Arizona. We will be coming March 24th, I believe that is when our flight from St. Louis leaves. Hopefully you can give me some good Ideas, and maybe I can catch up with you and you can show me some good spots. Feel free either to respond via the board or email me.
    zimrx@hotmail.com
    Drew

------------------
    A bum-legged old man and a drunk. That's all you got?
    That's WHAT I got.
    "I don't drink anymore, I freeze it and eat it like a popsicle"

Haven't heard from you yet, just wanted to update the post.

------------------
    That's WHAT I got.

Drew, you've now heard from me! (Sorry, I was busy with a HoneyDew project, redoing the Master Bath for M'lady.)

Any other AZ Flailers out there who have some ideas for Drew?

------------------
    Snow on the roof with fire in the hearth

Silver Creek. Approx 9 miles from Show Low. Spring fed creek only about 2 miles long. 15-33" rainbows. No rocks on the bank, all soil, easy on the feet. Don't need waders. 6-15' wide, some places can see trout, a few pools. No trees to interfere with fly casting. Artificial barbless artificial lures and flies only..........till April 1st. UNFORTUNATELY then it becomes bait and keep, and it will be fished out.

"I ned a few extra pockets on my fishing vest. I need one for my pocket full of sunshine, one for my box of laughter, one for my package of joy, and some for my fly fishing gear"

------------------
    Plain old Jim, I'm Plain...and I'm old.

Where in relation to phoenix is show low? Sounds good to me, I will be gone before the first.

------------------
    That's WHAT I got.

Silver Creek ICW Show Low
    I haven't done it in a while but Show Low has a web site. I think it if u go to Show Low on web it will find it. It will have a playing card sticking up behing the name. The 2 of clubs. Interesting true story. Town named after the turn of a card. Two ranchers owned all and decided territory not big enough for boaf. Played a card game and after a while one demanded show low wins. Winner turned up the Deuce of Clubs and the other sold out to him and left the area. Town is now named "Show Low" and main street is "Deuce of Clubs Avenue". Anywhooooo....about 3.5 hours northeast of Phoenix. From airport go out east on freeway to Globe, thru globe and on way outta Globe toward Safford turn north to Show Low. You will go through the famous Salt River Canyon which many people mistake for the Grand Canyon. Comint into Show Low from Globe....pass straight through town and out toward Concho and Springerville. About 10 miles from town would be a split, one toward Concho and one toward Springerville. You don't go that far. About 2 miles out of town of Show Low...2 miles from last stop lite (Penrod Lane, rd, I furget) going toward Concho/Springerville out bout 2 miles is a left turn, Little Mormon Lake RD. I say this just to insure you that you are in the right area. Don't turn here, keep going on highway toward Concho/Springerville and 2 more miles out (4 miles from town) is the Bourdon Ranch Rd. Turn left there (the only way to turn) and go approx 3.25 miles and you will see a rock facing indicating BOURDON RANCH ESTATES...(again just a landmark) continue on about 2.5 miles and you will CROSS Silver Creek itself. To the left is Private. Back up a couple of hundred yards and turn right on Hatchery Rd. Just drive straight down to parking area. Get out, walk down to stream and commence fly fishing. Iffen you fish downstream you will soon get to the highway you were on. If you fish upstream...guessing...approx 1-1.5 miles it will come to no fishing signs. Then you gotta stop. UP at that end are some nice small pools with nice fish. BTW I took a picture of a guy catching a 5 pounder right where you wald from parking area down to stream. Maybe 150'. So....all areas have the fish. Not just upstream. Good Luck....apologize for length of message, if you e-mail me put in a subject like FAOL, or Silver Creek, or sumpin. If I get an e-mail from someone where it has a from with a person's real name, but subject is suspect....like one I got today says RE:{13}. I don't know what that is and I will delete it. Uh....Show Low has 50 trout lakes and 500 miles of trout streams so Silver Creek not the only choice. Many of the lakes on the Indian Reservation and will cost you a permit...$65 annual or some daily price...I think it is $6. I just buy a state and reserv permit jan every year for $95 and rest of year no concerns about permits.

------------------
    Plain old Jim, I'm Plain...and I'm old.

+ Reply to Thread