+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Net holster

Hybrid View

Default Net holster

Has anybody seen these new net holsters? (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A1W...&robot_redir=1)

I like the idea especially for something like my new chest pack but $35-$40 for a small piece metal and some fabric is outrageous.

looking at the picture, I would think a hammer holster could do the same thing at a quarter of the price

I prefer magnets. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Blog Entries

Rare earth magnets work great.

Larry ---sagefisher---

Quote Originally Posted by sagefisher View Post
    Rare earth magnets work great.

Larry ---sagefisher---
    I like the magnetic attachment too. The only problem I have had with mine was when fishing the Blue River in Silverthorne recently. The magnet picked up about a quarter inch of magnetic debris off the bottom every time I used it. Once it has all this gunk on it, it doesn't work very well and it is not easy to clean off one of those rare earth magnets.

Ted

Blog Entries

Ted,

Too bad gold isn't magnetic.

Larry ---sagefisher---

Larry,

I think I would have spent a lot less time fishing and more time dragging that magnet around in the sand if that was the case!

Ted

Who says Gold isn't magnetic ? I once bougfht a "100% 24 kt. solid pure gold filled bracelet" . I had "assurances", for a song at $ 500 and it was definately magnetic.

Mark

By the way, "Holster" threw me off into a waaay different direction.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    Has anybody seen these new net holsters? (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A1W...&robot_redir=1)

I like the idea especially for something like my new chest pack but $35-$40 for a small piece metal and some fabric is outrageous.
    Felt exactly the same. I found a conduit coupler, basically a tube about 2.5" long and 1.75" in diamater, at my home store for less than 50 cents. Attached it to my hip pack belt with a couple of zip ties and some duct tape. It works great. Net handle slides easily into the tube and the net sits securely and comfortably with handle down and bag up. I still have a section of bungee cord attached to the net as a saftey tether.

IMG_20140917_191349191_HDR.jpg

I'd say, measure your net handle and head to the plumbing and / or electrical section of your local home store and see what you can find. It should work with a wader belt.
    Last edited by johnstoeckel; 09-18-2014 at 12:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread