+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Microsoft Works CD

Default Microsoft Works CD

I have been a Chartered Member of FAOL, since 9/1/1997!

I have been having difficulties with my computer in 2014, losing most of my articles I copied from FAOL

I have a "Microsoft Works "2000", that no longer works, after my computer crashed...

I am hoping that a member of FAOL, will mail me a spare copy of "Microsoft Works" that still works so I can re-installed Microsoft Works back onto my computer.

I went online and a "Microsoft Works 2009" will cost me over $90.00; which I currently do not have after planning out the monthly house bills. Last month I had to spend $700.00 to replace the exhaust system on my 2004 Saturn Vue. I am still waiting on my Minnesota Property Tax Refund of "$690.00", which might not arrive in the U.S. Mail until sometime in November.

If someone volunteers, to mail me a "Microsoft Works CD", I willing to return the CD, after loading CD onto my computer.

Mailing Address:
    Steven H. McGarthwaite
    3505 Bellaire Avenue
    White Bear Lake, MN 55110
    (651) 777-4650
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 11-02-2014 at 03:32 AM.
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

Steven ....try Libre Office...it's free and said do do everything Microsoft Office will do.

Parn,

The oldest Microsoft product CD I have is "Office 2003". If that will work for you, it'll be on it's way SO FAST, it'll make your head spin.

Mark

Mark:

I never have used Microsoft "Office 2003", so if I find that it does help me, I will mail it back to you...

Otherwise if any member of FAOL has a "Microsoft Works CD", I have that is my preference...

~Parnelli

Mailing Address:
    Steven H. McGarthwaite
    3505 Bellaire Avenue
    White Bear Lake, MN 55110
    (651) 777-4690
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

Microsoft Works is a different product from Microsoft Office. It was developed back in the days when MS DOS ruled the PC world in response to very popular packages such as 8-in-1. Word processor files generated in MS Works can probably be read into MS Office, but the reverse is might not be the case, especially when the MS Office is a later version. Sorry I can't offer more help.

Regards,
    Ed

Steven,
    I have a copy of Works 8 and Works 2000. I don't think that the new operating systems will recognize them. Drop me a PM if either will help you. I am doing some painting on my shed today so may not get back to you quickly.
    Dick

I just insertef the CD ( copy) into my computer and it does not have "WORKS" on it . My original CD had all the Microsoft products such as Works, Word, etc. This onewill do you no good.

Mark

Blog Entries

Steven shoot me a pm with your phone number

Does Works even exist anymore?? The recent versions of Word off the Office suite will recognize works.

More importantly, if you have not already done so, find an external storage system (cloud, external hard drive, flash drive, DVD-ROM) in case the Oopsie happens again (knocks on wood)
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

+ Reply to Thread