Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Hey Jim,
Always looking for a "recommended" establishment" , and Thelma's sounds like, if it's good for you,................I'll be there. In May, we travelled from Carmel to SOCAL intending to end up in San Diego, but the traffic forced us to head to the beach. San Clemente and Newport Beach was where we ended up. "Thelma's" , based on your mention, would have been a GREAT place. Maybe , LORD willing, next time. I'll "call ya" :>).Mark
Mark. Thelma's was a place we went to because we were in Big Bear City and it was late and close to our road home. Don't get me wrong, they have good food but it's pricey and they do not take plastic. Cash only. They do have an ATM of sorts. It has "Dial-up" connection and takes a few tries to work it.
There are better eating places in Big Bear Lake. If you are there for breakfast or lunch I'd suggest Grizzly Manor. It's small and crowded and you usually have a short wait but it's worth it. Old Country Inn has original German dishes as well as domestic food. Good service and not to pricey. Also just about any of the cafes in the village (where you can park in the free off street parking lots and walk around). Big Bear Lake also has BarBeQue joints, steak houses and hamburger joints and Mexican food establishments. Over the years we have eaten at dozens of places in that area and most of them are places I would go back to. If you are in the area let me know and I'll give you a few suggestions. Jim