+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Waaaaay off topic!! And lovin' it!

Default Waaaaay off topic!! And lovin' it!

Seem to spend far more time here than on a trout stream. And I don't mind at all! Now 8 1/2 months old she has just learned to roll over and to hold her head up. Making strides, slowly but surely. Finalization took place late July. She's all ours!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Default A beautiful little keeper

Betty,

So glad that she is getting along okay. Tell me you're not going to embarrass that little cutie and show her that photo when she gets older.

Our oldest son was fond of wearing a dress up hat of mine and carrying around his double barrelled cork shooting shotgun when he was about 2 1/2 years old. Only problem was he liked to pull his diaper off while doing it and running all over our apartment at the time. We did take a full frontal Polaroid photo of one of his stand off confrontations and showed it to him when he was a teenager. Someone was none too happy with it though! His wife thinks it is hilarious.

So THAT's what a "foot in mouth" actually looks like. Although I've been accused of same, cannot do it THAT way anymore. :>)

Mark
    PS: Hey Betty, good lookin kiddo you have there.

Best picture I've seen today!

Cutie there Granny. I cannot help but wonder if the pose foretells a future in politics.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

GrnMtMan ... Well ... heck, yah! You betcha!!! Isn't that what a grandma does????
    Marco ... thank you. She is pretty incredible!
    smij ... doesn't get much better!
    Here's one from Finalization Day! Probably the one and only time our son will allow a pink bow in her hair! (see sons influence in the Police shirt and camo pants!)

Oh, and the helmet? It's to round out her head after laying comatosed for 3 weeks. Insurance didn't cover it, so Grandpa and I have made it her graduation gift! We probably won't be around long enough to see that happen ... where as the results from this we can enjoy! Can promise you, when her little helmeted head smacks your arm or chest, it'll leave massive bruises! I smile when I see them knowing they're there because she's still with us! Didn't think the day we could look back,and smile, would happen.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty,
    It looks like there's yet another one of the good-lookin' Hiner Gals. I wish, and her extended family, all the best. I hope you and Cary get to give her a graduation present when she gets her doctorate. Perhaps a copy of your book "Black Hills Trout(s) I Have Known", or maybe just a new rod from the Betty Hiner Collecction.

Please do us all a favor and don't give her your special "apple recipes".

Regards,
    Ed

Insurance companies have full time employees whose job is to say no whenever they think they can get away with it. Talk to a lawyer (usually free for first consultation) if you already did the appeal thing mandated by most policies. If you get this helmet on the list of items that have been approved it might be very important to some child who is not blessed with grandparents who can afford to get it. Maybe another pink helmet with a motorbike to go with it in seventeen years?
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Betty,
    Congratulations . You have good reason to wear big grins.Slow and steady is the best way to go with the understanding that there's sometimes normal regression during developmental transition times.
    Best,
    Steve
    it's all good drifts

+ Reply to Thread