The Elwha River is the only river closed because of dam removal and it will be closed to fishing for a number of years after completion of the demolition. If you are not aware, most of our western Washington rivers do not offer the kind of trout fishing you would expect to find in Yellowstone. Due to the relative infertility of most of our rivers, many of our fish have adopted anadromy as a life strategy. Steelhead, sea-run cutthroat and salmon provide the bulk of our fishing opportunities and their runs can be seasonally specific. I would recommend buying and reading a couple of books about fishing there. Among the best are the late Doug Rose's books; Fly Fishing the Olympic Peninsula, The Color of Winter; Steelhead Fly Fishing on the Olympic Peninsula, and Fly Fishing Guide To The Olympic Peninsula, all available from Frank Amato Publications. A comprehensive guide, Olympic Mountains Fishing Guide, by Dave Shorett is also published by Amato.

Fly fishing for salmon and steelhead is something of a specialized form of the sport and, if you're primary interest is in fishing for trout, I'd recommend concentrating on the sea-run cutthroat. This anadromous form of the coastal cutthroat subspecies offers excellent sport in the estuaries and lower reaches of the rivers emptying directly into the Pacific Ocean and are available almost year-round from the sheltered beaches along Hood Canal and the Strait of Juan de Fuca (cutthroat are catch-and-release in all marine areas). I hope this will set you in the right direction and please feel free to PM me if you have more questions.