I seldom do this, but I have to give a much deserved "shout-out" to Cabelas for their Three Forks rods. I recently started looking for a cheaper 4-piece light bass rod for some of the mud jungles I fish locally. And one that I could hand off to my 11yr old son without feeling nervous.

I have 2 other higher end rods with reels that I don't want bouncing off of rocks and filled with sand and mud. Plus both are 2-piece and I wanted something 4-piece. So I decided to look around. I found the Cabelas Three Forks 9' 6wt 4-piece on sale for $49. I figured.....if it makes it a year or two...its a win.

The results? Aside from coming in a cheap sock, and no tube. This rod could wear nay label and nobody would be the wiser. It literally "OUTCASTS" both of my other rods. It throws a 6wt Orvis Bass Warmwater line like a dream. All components are dead solid and straight, and there are zero flaws in build. I was really shocked. Its a tad heavier in hand....but aside from that one aspect, without a label I would rate it above or equal to my other rods. Enough so, that I have not touched my other rods since receiving it. My son is now fishing my Clearwater. LOL

The proof will be in time I reckon. If it holds together as it appears it should....what a value.