+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rod Building Video"s

Default Rod Building Video"s

I know there are a couple of rod building video's floating around out there that have gone from one member to another.
    Or, if anyone has a video/cd that they don't need any more.
    I am volunteering to be the keeper of rodbuilding video's and send them to anyone wishing to start building rod's. I would ask that they be returned to me to be passed on.
    This way those getting started can save a few bucks!

------------------
    Don't forget the Michigan Fish-In August 14th to the 20th. The Holy Water's of the Au Sable await you!!

Cactus

Jack,
    Thanks for this post. Hope it works out. I have never seen a rod building video nor do I have one. I will be one of the first to request.

Gem

Blog Entries

Jack - I have Pastor Ed's video 'Handcrafting A Graphite Flyrod'. He said pass it on and I'd be happy do so so (now that I know all there is to know )

Plain Old Jim. Drop me an email with your snail mail addy and I'll save Jack one set of postage.

takecare..gm
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

HideHunter;
    Thank You. I thought I had POJ's addy but have lost it (DUH!!).
    I'll email him your offer.
    Thanks Again.

------------------
    Don't forget the Michigan Fish-In August 14th to the 20th. The Holy Water's of the Au Sable await you!!

Cactus

Jack,

Thanks for providing access to HideHunter. I have sent him my addy.

Maybe now I will wrap and epoxy the guides on the rod I bought 1.5 years ago. After I have seen it done I may go to it.....if my glue hasn't already hardened by now. <grin>

Gem

Blog Entries

by the way - Plain Old Jim, the video is headed west, by way of south, then northeast. Our mail, here in Iowa, is kind of like a homing pigeon. It has to circle a couple times to get it's bearings before it lines out. They quit using the ponies a couple years ago and thing have slowed down considerably since.

Jack, I threw in a plastic cover in hopes it will be sent around a bunch.

Thanks again Pastor Ed.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

HideHunter

THAT was a creative funny post! I got my laughter/tension release just checking this before going to bed. Well done! I am still grinning and chuckling.

Thanks for that!
    Gem

Plain old Jim if you have flex coat that is a year and a half old mix up some and try it on something disposable before using it on your rod. It doesn't age well and your pushing the point where it should be discarded. If the test batch sets up all right then go ahead and use it.

------------------
    all leaders tangle; mine are just better at it than most. Jim
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Thanks Rainbow. I will test it on an arrow and wrap some cheapo guides to get the mess and methods down. Iffen it's bad I will just search for some recommended stuff to purchase and use.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Gem

I have a video I used for my first build. It will be available for circulation shortly. I'd be happy to donate it, given everyone's great help in my first build.

+ Reply to Thread