+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Cabela's Opening in Acworth, GA

Hybrid View

Cool New Cabela's Opening in Acworth, GA

Any thoughts on getting together for lunch there in the near future? If you've never been to a Cabela's before it will be a real treat!
    Probably not on a weekend but any day would it would be busy, the one in Michigan is still a big "Tourist" attraction!!
    The Bison Burger is outstanding!!

I am not sure of the status of the entire complex, but Bobby Cox, the former manager for the Braves, and friends are building a huge sports complex in the area of the Cabelas store. That's the NW side of Atlanta, I live NE side so I do not anticipate visiting there very often, Jack you can get there almost as quickly as I can. The BPS is on my side of town so there will be little competition with each other, with the exception of they will probably match each other's prices.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I will definitely be checking it out this weekend.

Jack, there's a Cabella's opening in Bowling Green this fall. I'm eagerly awaiting a chance to check it out. I've never been to a Cabella's before. I didn't realize they served lunch as well!! Now I'm really eager to check it out!! LOL

hNt

Just checked it opens sept 25
    Last edited by hungNtree; 08-19-2014 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Found opening date
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

it's my understanding that Cabela's does a search of how many catalog receivers are within a certain driving radius of a proposed future store. You guys are the lucky ones

On my fishing trips up that way I've visited the one in Dundee, Michigan a few times, and it was an awesome stop off. Of course I was pulling my small camper and the great thing was I could spend the night in the camper using their back parking lot. The store being so enormous you need a day just to see everything in the place!. The good thing about using their parking lot is they opened early and you got the use of their restroom to do your business and spiff up - and then had hot coffee and a light breakfast at their great snack area. Always would try to make the travel plan to get there before that snack bar closed so you could have the late soup & sandwich, plus time before they closed to look over and pick-up what you needed before closing time. Had a good time browsing, shopping, eating - plus saved a few bucks not having to pay a camp/rent fee for the night.

DaleW,
    I went to the Dundee store once and I was a bit disappointed with their fly-tying section. The selection of vises was large, but my local BPS had a better selection of tying materials. I did get a very nice rod, though. The people working there were great! The store was large.

Regards,
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hise View Post
    Any thoughts on getting together for lunch there in the near future? If you've never been to a Cabela's before it will be a real treat!
    Probably not on a weekend but any day would it would be busy, the one in Michigan is still a big "Tourist" attraction!!
    The Bison Burger is outstanding!!
    You go for the Walleye Sandwich

+ Reply to Thread