Thread: Little Virginia Lake/Eastern Sierras

Threaded View

Default Little Virginia Lake/Eastern Sierras

My daughter Ally, her dog Hero and I went up to Virginia Lakes to test out a bunch of those soft hackles I have been working on...we were there from noon on Friday and left Sunday morning...It is located above Bridgeport, CA at 9700'... I have included some other patterns that worked:

Tubers to the left...I like to fish from a boat because it provides a high platform to spot cruisers...

Workin' the soft hackles...

The standard PT and Partridge and Peacock and Partridge...these work almost all the time in Little Virginia...#12 for Peacock and #16 for PT were the ticket on this trip...

I took the largest fish on this cone head bugger (4lbs.) fished off an intermediate line on Friday afternoon...stripped on 6" pulls, fast...

KG's Spring Creek Scud...Thanks Kelly !!!...

Purple Peacock and Partridge...

Quicksilver Soft Hackle #16...

Leftover Klink...these were a surprise for me. I tied these up several years ago and have used them in a number of rivers where they have provided some success...they absolutely killed on Little Virginia in Brown, Black and Olive #14-#16.

On another note,this is Bridgeport Res. which feeds the East Walker River, one of the finest tailwater fisheries in the Eastern Sierras...

Not good...My friend, Jim Reid, who runs Ken's Sporting Goods in Bridgeport, informed me on Sat. that the entire East Walker River fishery is in danger of being lost if we do not experience a very snowy Winter this year...

This is the first pool on the EWR which has provided some of the largest Brown Trout ever caught in this river. It is currently devoid of Trout due to warm water and algae...The fishing on Little Virginia Lake...STUPENDOUS!

PT/TB
    Last edited by planettrout; 08-06-2014 at 02:58 PM.
    Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"
    http://planettrout.wordpress.com/