+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old Firends, speaking of.....

Default Old Firends, speaking of.....

Speaking of "old friends" and those who may have introduced us to this site, one such was, to me, Dave Ulmer known as Slicfoot here on FAOL. Once upon a time, Himself and Deanna either hosted or were a major part of a flyfishing site known then as FBN ,the Flyfishing Broadcast Network. Slic, I , and others, were participants until it disintegrated to morph into what we now enjoy as FAOL. In any case, Slic informed me about the new FAOL and I joined soon after. Now, I notice that Slic, who once was an active poster and perpetually signed into the chat room is silent, which, leads me to be curious as to his wellbeing. Does anyone know of him? From an earlier "inquiry" about George Emanuel, Slic was also there at our informal fish in at State College PA and played no small part in adding to the "festivities". He is a good man and an avid flyfisher and also a proud owner of a Kusse quad.
    I have e-mailed him several times with no response so therein lies my concern. He did pal around with Les Young ( Lestrout) but too, Les has been a bit quiet of late, but that for another day.

Mark

I cannot answer your question. However, here's a quick story about 'Slic'. At the 1st or 2nd Fish-In at Roscoe, I had my dog Bear with me. Well it was lunchtime and Bear was in the back of my station wagon. The back windows were fairly wide open and Slic wanted to pet my dog. Oh, Bear was a mix of Yellow Lab/Rottie, lean and about 105#s. He asked me if he could and I told him to wait until I got him out of the car. Well, I guess Slic didn't want to wait and Bear was not happy about Slic sticking his hand into the car. Bear made a quick but little bite mark on the top of Slic's hand. Just a pin pr**k really. But Slic was on blood thinners and that little hole wouldn't clot for a very long time. The bite didn't hurt him and he wasn't worried, but I guess it was just annoying to every so often wipe the small amount of blood from his backhand. Oh, once out of the car, Slic was petting Bear to both their content and Bear was licking Slic and his hand. Later during the Fish-In, Slic and others were sitting on the porch of the Reynold's House motel, the one near the Roscoe Diner, and he had a 'pet' chipmonk that would go on his shoulder and into his pocket looking for the peanuts that Slic had hidden there. It was funny and cute.
    Anyway - Les - if you read this, how about responding. A lot of guys that posted here and participated heavily, haven't been heard from in too long of a time. Hope you and Slic are okay as well as others from those Fish-Ins and that you can chime in with positive news.

Allan(tyeflies)
    Last edited by Allan; 08-06-2014 at 01:19 AM.

Slic is still above ground. I chat with him at least once a week. Still fishing and enjoying his Kusse and Gatti rods!

Slic responded to my e-mail . He's doing well and hangs around at a different site. Our loss.

Mark

+ Reply to Thread