Last night we fished in heavy rain for several hours with three different 4wts. Nice wide stream and we got to spend the entire time in just one hole. There were legal king salmon in the hole but we just harassed the Dollies. I just got a TFO 10' for just this place and to match a particular old G Loomis Metolius a friend owns. I had gone through several Sages, a T&T, and a bunch more before trying this one... It is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

The dollies were as small as 10" and the best were well past 24". There were far more takes than casts as we were swinging a wet fly, the Kodiak Sea Louse I posted a SBS on a couple years ago. It is hard to keep the line tight and the takes are usually quick and over. Once it is figured out it works ridiculously well though. A friend from LA, CA, was having his first truly incredible experience as a fly fisherman and could not believe the fishing.

A 2' dolly on a 4wt is not exactly nothing... and they fight extremely well just a half-mile or so from saltwater. We are going back today and the rain has stopped for now so pictures will be possible.

I have also caught king, red, pink, and chum salmon on flies this trip. There have been a few rainbows and in salt; halibut, lingcod, cod, and at least a half-dozen species of rockfish. We dropped several hundred pounds of fillets at the fish processor for vacuum packing and freezing.

Pictures have to wait until I get home as the WIfi is spotty here.