+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: an old friend???

Default an old friend???

can anyone tell me some Info of a man called George emanuelle....(spelling)???

he was the first person that I had the pleasure to chat with here on FAOL>>>

everytime I ask about him.....there seemsto be a"hush-hush....hmmmm

I have been hanging out around here for around 8 years, that's not a name I recall.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

If I am recalling correctly, George was one of the "Originals" of FAOL. A true gentleman. He was at the first Michigan Fish-In we went to. I believe we celebrated his 89th birthday that year (2006)....if not the 89th, it as right up there!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I put the name George Emanuel (I too remember that name) into the search window on the main page. It gave me several links, one of which credited the pictures taken to George E. Emanuel. It showed that his screen name is Muddler. When I put the name Muddler into the list of members, it wasn't there. Sorry, it's the best I could come up with.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I think George was the author of several beginner /getting started articles either on organizing tying materials or handcrafting gear. It has been a very long time ago and I clearly remember the name.

I met George at an informal fish-in in College Station PA about 15 years ago. He is on my e-mail list and I do "connect" with him occasionally but not recently.
    Recalling that" fish-in", we all also met with George Harvey at his home there. Those were the days.............................
    I will again e-mail George and inform him of this "inquiry" and perhaps he'll respond here.

Mark

My e-mail to George today.

"George,

There was an "inquiry" post asking about your
    status/whereabouts on the FAOL BB yesterday. Apparently your "aura" survives
    :>)

Mark

Georges' e-mail back to me:

I wasn't aware that I had an "aura" I am a simple man and usually suffice
    with a presence. It is good to hear from you Mark, I really do think about all
    of you guys often.

I'll have to see if I can sign into the site and at least respond to the
    post.

Thank everyone for remembering me.

Your friend,

George

Thanks Marco for contacting me. Frankly I am humbled to see that my name should come up after all of these years. Especially from a young man who remembers me as his first contact here on FAOL. There is a lesson in this for all of us I suppose. We never know who, or how profoundly we might touch another in what seems to be the most innocent of circumstances. You guys are correct I was and I suppose am one of the originals on FAOL. Several of us have passed on now and they fish new waters. The friends we acquire during our lifetime supplied with the great memories of our exploits together keep the fires of the youthful mind alive and burning. I am grateful for every memory and everyone of you here at FAOL today. I have retired now from running cranes and spend most of my time making holsters and gunbelts. I also teach NRA Rifle and Pistol classes and as involved locally in fishing as ever, though my writing has slowed some, I still dabble a bit and have begun a website www.bladesandsheaths.com if you would like to take a look. it is new and not yet fully developed but there are a couple of articles on it which you might enjoy. I even have the first chapter of a book I have been writing for a few years up with more to follow. Stop by and check it out. Mark didn't mention that in addition to George Harvey, I was blessed to spend time on that trip with my friend Leon Chandler and Joe Humphries. Joe was acting as Georges driver and was very gracious when I chided him about the Penn State vs Alabama rivalry. While I won't promise to become a regular here again, yet I will promise to make the timing between visits of a much shorter duration. Thanks again to each of you for thinking of me. I will always remember you.
    Last edited by George Emanuel; 08-02-2014 at 12:54 AM.

George,

Great post and it is really good to see your name appear here again.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

+ Reply to Thread