Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
I took "right now" as a reference to this time of the season,...when flows are reduced, and the trout have seen a plethora of imitations. Never considered another interpretation.
Thanks, Bugsy. You got it right on. For the rest, thanks for your suggestions and I apologize for not making the question clearer. I have recently seen some great fly tying demos using flat finished brass beads. The flash is not present and the color is rather neutral. I do often fish the high pressured streams in my area and the subdued beads are a little bit better accepted. Bright green, orange and red beads are on a few of my flies. They are often used as part of the color pattern or representative of a trigger point. I attempt to build the bead in as part of the thorax, when possible, decreasing the need to otherwise camouflage it. Also, my supplies of brass beads are high finish and I am not sure where to purchase the "matte" or flat finish brass beads. I'll try a set in black and in gun metal to see how that works for me.

For the suggestion of carrying a green and/or brown markers, I had not considered that for this purpose. Fantastic idea! Also, to change back for whatever reason, I always carry alcohol wipes. My "First Aid Kit" would make most Emergency Rooms proud. Remember the suggestion of using the wipes for a fire starter. The alcohol hand sanitizer that many use works equally well and can be squirted out in a rather large quantity for the real wet kindling.

I echo what Gene says,"relative to the individual. Just pointing out what I prefer." Thanks again for the input.