+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TREATMENT FOR CHRONIC LEADFOOT - Readers Cast (Jeff Williams) - Jul 28, 2014

Blog Entries

Default TREATMENT FOR CHRONIC LEADFOOT - Readers Cast (Jeff Williams) - Jul 28, 2014

TREATMENT FOR CHRONIC LEADFOOT

Sometimes something good results from something that, at first, seems bad, and this is a story about just such an incident.

I was returning from a fly fishing trip when I ran past a West Virginia State Trooper doing sixty-eight in a fifty five. He asked me where I was headed and I told him I was going home after a day of fishing and I wasn't paying attention to my speed and I apologized. I figured it had been at least 30 years since I had last gotten a ticket, and I was due. Plus I was out of state, so I knew I was going to get my wallet lightened.

I went through the same decision process, although not the lead foot thing. I bought a different truck in December and looked at the tri-fold tonneau covers for a few months. I wasn't real happy with the prices or designs. I found a dandy camper shell in ebay for half of what the cover cost. I got it and haven't regretted it. I also got a duraliner installed. I haven't had to take the shell off to haul anything yet. In fact, I use it as an excuse to keep from having to use my pickup as a dump truck. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

+ Reply to Thread