+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uzaki Nissin annouces new PALS Tenkara Pink Level Line

Hybrid View

Default Uzaki Nissin annouces new PALS Tenkara Pink Level Line

An article posted June 15, 2014 on troutnews annouced the release of new U-Nissin PALS Tenkara Level Line.
    http://troutnews.info/2014/06/15/new...-newitem/3385/

And from the U-Nissin website:
    http://www.u-nissin.co.jp/product/item/id/010270359

All I can tell about it is that is comes in the TenkaraBum's 3 favorite sizes, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 号.
    It is fluorescent Pink. Comes on 30m (98ft) spools.
    The price is listed as 1,600 yen. So proabably about $22 here.
    And it is listed as finished in 軟中調, soft medium tone or stiffness.

If this line is received as well as the Nissin rods it ought to recieve good reviews. If anyone decides to sell it here or it becomes available on-line.

D

I have already asked my supplier about it. It looks to be a very light pink (and I have already tried and rejected several light pink lines). I will get some in for evaluation and then decide whether to carry it.

My favorite sizes would probably be 1.5 and 2 but no one makes a hi vis line in 1.5 and 2.
    Last edited by CM_Stewart; 07-23-2014 at 02:34 PM.
    Tenkara Bum

Cool, about the line and the line size. My 62 y.o. eyes have a difficult seeing the smaller 2.5 line, no matter what color. But pink or orange or chartreuse is ok above 3.0 when conditions are good. Otherwise a thicker line. I played round back in the spring with a yellow braided line. The light stuff cast about like size 3, but is more visible to me than the orange or pink against dry brown leaves on the ground in early spring.
    The previous post of sizes 3, 3.5, 4 as favorites was based on the TB line page. 3.0 for 5:5 and most 6:4 rods. 3.5 for most everything else. 4.0 for beginners and windy days. I suspected from recent trip reports that your opinion may have changed.

D

My recommendations are based on the lines that are actually available. No point recommending a line no one can buy anywhere.
    Tenkara Bum

Quote Originally Posted by CM_Stewart View Post
    ....... No point recommending a line no one can buy anywhere.
    Well you know with the modern internet websites it is close be being an Alice's Restaurant World where you can get anything you want. ( but often not at a price you are willing to pay)

The Nissin Pals level line has been available for just over 2 months on at least two English language web sites ( predating the troutnews post) : Plat and Esoterictackle in the UK. However, this line is not at the top of my list of next lines to experiment with. I have just recently obtained 4 different lengths of the Fujino tapered lines to play with. There is no question that the Fujino lines are highly visible. Hopefully not so bright as to be frightening to the fish.

D

What Fujino tapered lines did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by dwalker View Post
    Well you know with the modern internet websites it is close be being an Alice's Restaurant World where you can get anything you want. ( but often not at a price you are willing to pay)

The Nissin Pals level line has been available for just over 2 months on at least two English language web sites
    D
    My comment was not with respect the PALS line, which of course you can get. It was with respect to recommended line sizes. No point recommending size 1.5 and 2 lines when you cannot buy hi vis lines of those sizes. You can't get anything you want if no one makes it.
    Tenkara Bum

+ Reply to Thread