Quote Originally Posted by CM_Stewart View Post
The Sagiri rods on the website are all 2-way rods. The column on the Sagira page that is between the harris column and the % carbon column shows the 2 lengths. The Sagiri 39 can be fished at 340 or 390cm. The Sagiri is indeed similar to but heavier than the Rinfu.
Yes. My fault. My mind kept puzzling why the name was the same as on your website but, I was seeing only single length rods on the Daiwa site. I was in to much of a rush and failed to look to the right side of the table and see the double length column. Sorry.

..I think you are misinterpreting what Eddie said about hae/fly. I think he was just explaining why the fish was incorrectly called fly in English, but I truly don't think he meant that they SHOULD be called flies. .
Perhaps, the old blog is gone and his explanation wording can't be checked. I assumed he was saying the Japanese word for the house pest and for the species of fish sounded or was written the same way in Japanese.

But it is unimportant once you understand that ハエ竿 refers to a rod designed to target a species of fish. And it is not sold as a Kebari Rod, for lack of a better term, to avoid saying Fly rod.

...I certainly agree with the DT conclusion that there are misconceptions...... the neat little boxes we and they drew around tenkara were much, much too limiting. ..... I don't think it's wrong, I just think it is incomplete and is creating a new set of misconceptions.
I agree. And I think unavoidable when something completely new is introduced. In the beginning it may be best to pick one message to keep it simple and understandable. With experience the other technique options can be introduced when people are ready and able to use them or will be discovered in practice as skill level increases. And the expanding contact with other people helps expand knowledge. Opening these other boxes.

Time to go fishing. With a bit of luck I'm off to the family vacation home tomorrow for 10 days to two weeks.